Sodlike Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF is it with Australia?

+4
Everybody, Loves Sod..!!!
Cigar
true lilly
Mick Jonestown
8 posters

Go down

WTF is it with Australia? Empty WTF is it with Australia?

Post  Mick Jonestown Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 am

Is this board also run by Australians like the DIF most of the mods there are stereotypical bloody Australians, they advertise Alchohol on their avatars and talk utter shite!???

White Europeans calling themselves australians fucking infuriate me, go and live in the fucking outback and see how long you pale faced neanderthals last, better yet get back to where you came from, whatever bloody mountain range that happens to be and leave the fucking indigenous people to maintain the lifestyle they have enjoyed for tens of thousands of years.

And what is with the amount of Australia themed posts in this forum, why do they all have the same title and why are they just spammed by one person who is completely incoherently babbling yet she seems immune to being banned for constant spam?

Is it a fucking conspiracy or something?

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

WTF is it with Australia? Empty Re: WTF is it with Australia?

Post  true lilly Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

WTF is it with foot stomping children who complain they can't understand what they can't be bothered reading but feel the need to rant against? You sound like one of the "YAPPY LITTLE DOGS" in the following, that "THE KENNEL MASTERS" will cull because they can't be trainned, and so put the Working Packs danger. .... Still around 20 pages missing Sod, but lets just hope they contained the Good Advice that those of the ilk in the following News, Deserve To Miss - - - - Still want "proof" Ciggy... ABC News just laughed off these CONNECTED Reports on, "CONNECTED", POLICE, GOVERNMENT MINISTERS, PUBLIC SERVANT and BUSINESS LEADERS, "doing eachother favours", and, NOT KEEPING VIOLENT CRIME REPORTING RECORDS, as "scare mongering" - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victoria-police-doesnt-know-response-times/story-e6frf7kx-1226014960915 ...but we know, that as they have made the National News... http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/02/3152818.htm?site=westernvic ...'they' should be scared, for Not Taking My Advice, to STOP their 'little dogs' YAPPING about their 'UNTOUCHABLE' 'mates' who 'let them get away with', all manner of Senseless Ego Driven, Unjustifiable Violence, against those they envy and simply don't like, for being Happy with a Life of small Blessings.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Cigar Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

It's hard to believe really but True Lilly claims that she wrote that above using a phone instead of a computer. I was thinking really it would be a good idea to all have a whip round and we could all get Lilly a computer all of her own lol!

Then she could also post links to youtube and pictures of whatever her choosing whilst she still babbles on about all this tintin stuff.

Just say TINTIN and True Lilly's ears will prick up like Spock from Star Trek...

WTF is it with Australia? Spock
Cigar
Cigar

Back to top Go down

Post  Everybody, Loves Sod..!!! Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Cigar wrote:It's hard to believe really but True Lilly claims that she wrote that above using a phone instead of a computer. I was thinking really it would be a good idea to all have a whip round and we could all get Lilly a computer all of her own lol!

Then she could also post links to youtube and pictures of whatever her choosing whilst she still babbles on about all this tintin stuff.

Just say TINTIN and True Lilly's ears will prick up like Spock from Star Trek...

Her Posts Were Always Very Interesting When They Had Pictures,
And Brightly Coloured Texts...

And Always Highlighted Her Take On The Days News...

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post  true lilly Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Everybody, Loves Sod..!!! wrote:
Cigar wrote:It's hard to believe really but True Lilly claims that she wrote that above using a phone instead of a computer. I was thinking really it would be a good idea to all have a whip round and we could all get Lilly a computer all of her own lol!

Her Posts Were Always Very Interesting When They Had Pictures,
And Brightly Coloured Texts...

And Always Highlighted Her Take On The Days News...

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
*smile* THE COMMONWEALTH BANK HACKING ... "BY INTERNAL SPIES"... is also 'BIG' 'news' in MSM, now, so they thought they better also mention some of the OTHER HACK ATTACKS BY SPIES FOR FOREIGN ENEMIES ON MAJOR AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES... That I LONG AGO WARNED OF, POSTED OF THEIR HAPPENING, and TINTIN IGNORED and FLOODED OVER WITH 'CHATTER' and 'NOISE'. Anyway, I've had a number of offers of cheap and free computers from those who do want me posting, but as the 'SYSTEM' used TO AVOID PAYING DEBTS, by "THE BROTHERHOOD" in the News link I just posted, is the Same "SYSTEM" used to put and keep 'people like me' in the sort of poverty Designed to ROB good people of Respect and Credability, I DECLINE TO THROW OTHER PEOPLE'S GOOD MONEY, AFTER BAD PEOPLE'S ABUSE of POWER.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm

So what is with the amount of Australia themed posts on this forum, who is this tintin fellow and when did True lilly stop talking about paedophilia and the bible?

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Yet more Australia bollocks, seriously am i missing something here?
"The Lion Sleeps No More!" - David Icke Australia & NZ Tour September - October 2011.
Writer, philosopher, spoken word performer, personality, theorist, free thinker, entertainer and above all else, truth seeker. [egomainiac] lol!

The quality work of David Icke has been progressing in both diversity and popularity at stealth speed.
Join Our Mailing List For More Australia and NZ Events Related To David Icke

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Ruben Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Mick Jonestown wrote:Is this board also run by Australians like the DIF most of the mods there are stereotypical bloody Australians, they advertise Alchohol on their avatars and talk utter shite!???

White Europeans calling themselves australians fucking infuriate me, go and live in the fucking outback and see how long you pale faced neanderthals last, better yet get back to where you came from, whatever bloody mountain range that happens to be and leave the fucking indigenous people to maintain the lifestyle they have enjoyed for tens of thousands of years.

And what is with the amount of Australia themed posts in this forum, why do they all have the same title and why are they just spammed by one person who is completely incoherently babbling yet she seems immune to being banned for constant spam?

Is it a fucking conspiracy or something?

run by Australians like the DIF most of the mods there are stereotypical bloody Australians, they advertise Alchohol on their avatars and talk utter shite!???

Can you farkin' count?
There's one Australian Moderator at DIF(OzPixie) and one Aussie Technical advisor (I Am) who is Aussie,the majority are bloody pommies with a token yank here or there.

And what the hell is the problem with alcohol when even the admin here are bloody drug addicts or booze-heads,faucking heap of shit hypocitical chump losers you lot are!!!!

thumbs down cthulhu
Billy Ruben
Billy Ruben

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Mick Jonestown wrote:So what is with the amount of Australia themed posts on this forum, who is this tintin fellow and when did True lilly stop talking about paedophilia and the bible?

You will find OzTrailer is Lilly's obsession, strident Nationalist that she is. A few acres of hot sand bordered by flooded out Towoomba and its environs. And that's her imaginary friend's favourite spot on all the earth. She is, of course, mad.
Ciggy
Ciggy

Back to top Go down

Post  true lilly Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Land, doesn't Save...but The Truth of Australia aka O'Zion, is Evidence GOD EXISTS (and KEEPS ALL HIS PROMISES), to those NOT DECIEVED by the worldly's, LYING, 'out of Egypt', WAY TOO SHORT HISTORY of ALL THE WORLD, that GOD DESCRIBED, FROM THE BEGINNING. ...
true lilly wrote:THE BEST FRIEND is neither "CLOSE" nor "CLOSER", but JUST ALWAYS, FOR YOU,
"WALLACE WANTS A WIFE", 25 to 95. ... BEWARE of TINTIN PLANTS, THEY MEAN US ILL! Tintin aka 'AARNOUT van der PLOOGE', that "DUTCH GUY", I kept beating at pool at The Wallace Hotel while The Clans were having that mid-week, midday gathering, those few years ago. Sincerely, 'true lilly lamb little king', "Mrs. Bearstar" of YENDON, sister of Ivan Hocevar's half Scots Son.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:50 am

Well Mr Ruben I campaign against the prejudice of alchohol users towards those who use other less physically damaging drugs like ecstasy, I am not prejudice against alchohol users but am disheartened by the advertisement of alchohol brand products in places as diverse as in the street, in magazines, tv, sports and now on internet forums, this destructive substance being popularised while beneficial drugs are propagandised against is a travesty, fine if you want to use it in private for your own needs but do not popularise or glamourise this noxious, destructive substance..

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:56 am

Mick Jonestown I do sympathise with you in some ways because I too am getting sick and tired of Australia threads and I want to talk about the rest of the planet and the universe. Oh trust Ciggy to stick his oar in.
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  *Kia* Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Mick Jonestown wrote:So what is with the amount of Australia themed posts on this forum, who is this tintin fellow and when did True lilly stop talking about paedophilia and the bible?

You will find OzTrailer is Lilly's obsession, strident Nationalist that she is. A few acres of hot sand bordered by flooded out Towoomba and its environs. And that's her imaginary friend's favourite spot on all the earth. She is, of course, mad.

O plz ciggy, when you gonna stop posting yer nonsense, it's getting monotonous!
Lilly is not mad, it's just that you dont understand her.

*Kia*

Back to top Go down

Post  true lilly Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Oh Ciggy understands me, it's just his job to stop others understanding, and as he has no counter arguements, only has, "don't listen to the crazy lady", tactic of desperation, to keep trying. Oh and S.L., DESPITE all the 'australian's' at DIF, they DIDN'T cover Major News related to Oz THAT HAS MAJOR EFFECTS On The Whole World, so I DID...then 'they' had to go flat out to twist the Saving Revalations back deadly bs.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:09 pm

scared wacky

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Lilly did you make a thread warning people about the Australia floods?
think

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  true lilly Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Mick Jonestown wrote:Lilly did you make a thread warning people about the Australia floods?
think
Mick Jonestown wrote:Lilly did you make a thread warning people about the Australia floods?
think
[b]Ciggy was one of the earlist to stupidly take me, when I first started explaing and showing the, 'how's & why's', of selling the world the lie that, "Australia is a dangerous, unliveable, waterless desert". And now that the Foreign Invaders are flooding in, buying up all the best land that locals were burned, flooded and priced out of, we are moving out of our, 'hide our riches under deliberate mismanagement' age.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:15 am

See? She thinks I'm part of some global conspiracy against OzTrailer.
Ciggy
Ciggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 am

true lilly wrote:
think
think
[b]Ciggy was one of the earlist to stupidly take me, when I first started explaing and showing the, 'how's & why's', of selling the world the lie that, "Australia is a dangerous, unliveable, waterless desert". And now that the Foreign Invaders are flooding in, buying up all the best land that locals were burned, flooded and priced out of, we are moving out of our, 'hide our riches under deliberate mismanagement' age.

Isn't all this complaining about the foreign invaders a few hundred years too late, I mean whitey came in and subjugated the Aboriginees, introduced them to Alchohol and such like centuries ago;
The question of land ownership by Indigenous people was not dealt with by the colonisers until the mid-1830s. In 1835, John Batman signed two 'treaties' with Kulin people to 'purchase' 600,000 acres of land between what is now Melbourne and the Bellarine Peninsula. In response to these treaties and other arrangements between free settlers and Indigenous inhabitants, such as around Camden, the NSW Governor, Sir Richard Bourke issued a proclamation. Bourke's proclamation established the notion that the land belonged to no-one prior to the British crown taking possession.

To effectively over-ride the legitimacy of the 'Batman treaty' the British Colonial Office felt the need to issue another Proclamation. The Colonial Office proclamation stated that people found in possession of land without the authority of the government would be considered trespassers. This was despite and because many other people, including a report to the House of Commons in 1837, recognised that Aboriginal occupants had rights in land. Nevertheless, the law in New South Wales variously applied the principles expressed in Bourke's proclamation. This would not change until the Australian High Court's decision in the Mabo Case in 1992.
http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/australianhistory/

The genocidal practices perpetrated against Australian Aborigines were the outcome of policies adopted and implemented by all Australian governments from British settlement in 1788 until the present. A people who had virtually no contact with the outside world, were suddenly confronted with a hostile and alien force. Aborigines were forced out of their traditional homes, hunted like wild animals, poisoned or shot, and confined to the harshest and most desolate climes. The effect of British settlement upon these people led to near extinction within 120 years.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/sep1999/geno-s07.shtml

Australia is a dangerous place to live, the Aboriginals could do it without exploiting the land and subjugating it's inhabitants, the Europeans have tamed the wilderness with "Civilisation" but similar to America at a considerable cost..

A former professor of comparative religion at Madras University, as well as director of the Maha Bodhi Society of Sri Lanka and secretary general of the World Sangha Council, Dr. Nandisvara had recently returned from a research expedition with an anthropological team in Australia, where he had lived for some time with a native Aboriginal community—in his words, an extremely ancient race whose way of life (hunting and gathering) had not substantially changed for perhaps 35,000 years.

In his report, Dr. Nandisvara makes an extraordinary statement.

"To those who judge the degree of (a) culture by the degree of (its) technological sophistication, the fact that the Australian natives live in the same fashion now as they did thousands of years ago may imply that they are uncivilized or uncultured.

"However, I would suggest that if (a) civilization be defined (by) the degree of polishing of an individual's mind and the building of his or her character, and if that culture (reflects) the measure of our self-discipline as well as our level of consciousness, then the Australian Aboriginals are actually one of the most civilized and highly cultured peoples in the world today."

From his conversations with their shamans and spiritual elders, Dr. Nandisvara concluded that their spiritual tradition is highly advanced and that their religious beliefs are parallel with those found in the various branches of the Perennial Philosophy.

The Aboriginal elders told Dr. Nandisvara that the spirit of a human being is always in contact with the higher spiritual realms of being, even if there may be no awareness of this contact in one's ordinary state of consciousness. They informed him that this gives to each one of us an extraordinary gift in that there can be direct communication between the human and the divine planes of being without the need for any ecclesiastical intermediary or priest.

In other words, in Aboriginal thought, there is quite simply no great impassable gulf between the human and the divine—a perception that is in direct opposition to most esoteric schools of theology, including Judeo-Christianity. This is why the Aboriginals had no need to develop any organized religion run by a bureaucratized and stratified priesthood. What they have instead is an authentic spiritual egalitarianism in which they, as individuals, can access the Dreamtime through trance, giving them direct and immediate access into the spiritual dimensions through the shamanic techniques of ecstasy.

This ability gives them an unshakable authority to make highly evolved philosophical observations. For example, like the religious thanatologies of other spiritual traditions, the Aboriginals describe the progression of human consciousness after death as "survival in infinity." They know from direct experience that the individual point of contact with the infinitude of cosmic consciousness continues to expand after death until it is co-extensive with it... until it literally 'becomes' it.

This is not a theory for the Aboriginals, nor is it a concept. It is a percept based upon their own direct experience, a revelation that is revealed also in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. The Hindus and Buddhists use the word Samadhi to describe this state. The Aboriginals call it the Dreamtime, yet it is clear from their descriptions of it that empirically and phenomenologically, these states are the same.
http://www.sharedwisdom.com/article/australian-aboriginal-wisdom

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick Jonestown Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:48 am

Australian Aboriginal Wisdom
By Hank Wesselman PhD. - April 6th, 2010

We Westerners live in a world of continual and unrelenting distraction. Our days begin with the newspapers in the morning, our work world during the day, and television, other entertainments, or the internet in the evenings. In addition, there are our self-promoting schemes and our ever-changing life-styles, replete with families and friends, restaurants and films and various cultural and endless sporting events, all of which are part of the multi-leveled template of distraction that we call life.

Accordingly, throughout our days, and our nights, our minds are never, ever still. The internal chatter in our heads continues to surge this way and that, dealing with our problems and our fears and our widely-flung networks of relationships with everyone, everywhere. In response to all of this, we Westerners worry... and we worry a lot.

The Indigenous World

This brings me to consider a quite different state of being, one that the indigenous peoples of the world know well—a state that few in the Western world remember, although as I make this statement, I have to acknowledge that those worthies who have a meditation or yoga practice will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Among some of the Australian Aboriginal peoples, this state of being is known as 'dadirri,' a term that literally translates into English as 'deep listening.' Some information about this is included in Awakening to the Spirit World (by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman, 2010).

Several years ago, I received an email from some unknown soul—an unexpected missive that included the words of an Australian Aboriginal elder named Miriam Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann. I had never heard of her before, but as I read through her brief statement, I realized that her narrative was filled with power in its simplicity and directness. Miriam Rose's message is clearly for all of us, and so I share some of it with you here enhanced by some additional information about Aboriginal thought.

For starters, Miriam Rose defines the ability called dadirri as a special quality that allows each of us to make contact with a deep spring that lies within us. To connect with that spring requires that we achieve a state of quiet, still awareness. It is similar to what we Westerners call 'contemplation' or 'meditation.' Shamanic practitioners know it well.

Dadirri

For the traditional Aboriginals, Miriam Rose proclaims that this contemplative focus permeates their entire way of life, their whole being—that dadirri continually renews them on a day-to-day basis, bringing them peace, creating harmony where there is disharmony, producing balance where there is imbalance, restoring health where there is illness.

There are no great hidden truths here, no 'secret knowledge' hidden away for centuries, waiting for a bunch of New Age charismatics with power point presentations to rediscover them, excavate them, and write a book about them, proclaiming them as the solution to all our problems, personal and collective.

This woman's message conveys a simple and unmistakable truth—that the practice of dadirri makes the Aboriginals feel whole again. She shares that they cannot live good and useful lives unless they practice dadirri and that they learned how to do this from their ancestors.

As a Western anthropologist who has done considerable time in the indigenous world, I can appreciate this traditional woman's words. During my years spent among the tribal peoples of Africa, one of the things that I learned is that they are not threatened by silence. To the contrary, they are completely at home in it. Their traditional ways have taught them how to be still and how to listen to the silence. Accordingly, they do not try to hurry things up. Rather they allow them to follow their natural courses—like the seasons... and they wait.

So the Aboriginal woman's message from Australia conveys a familiar message as well as an extraordinary claim—that those Aboriginals still living in their traditional lifeways don't worry... that they never worry. They know that in the practice of dadirri—the deep listening and quiet stillness of the soul-that all ways will be made clear to them in time.

The Aboriginal Perspective

The traditional Aboriginals are not 'goal oriented' in the same way that we Westerners are programmed to be from childhood, nor do they attempt 'to push the river' which they know with absolute certainty is an exercise in absolute futility.

In Miriam Rose's words: "We are like the tree standing in the middle of a bushfire sweeping through the timber. The leaves are scorched and the tough bark is scarred and burnt, but inside the tree, the sap is still flowing and under the ground, the roots are still strong. Like the tree, we have endured the flames and yet we still have the power to be reborn."

After more than 200 years of assimilationist practices inflicted upon them by church and state alike, the Australian Aboriginals are still here. They are used to the ongoing struggle and to the long waiting. In this sense, they still wait for the white people to understand them better. They have spent many generations learning about Western ways. They have learned to speak our language and have listened to what we have to say. Yet they continue to wait for us to come closer to them. They long for those things they have always hoped for—respect and understanding.

In Miriam Rose Ungunmerr-Baumann's words: "We know that our white brothers and sisters carry their own particular burdens. We carry burdens as well. Yet I believe that if they let us come to them, if they would open up their minds and hearts to us and hear what we have to say, we might lighten their burdens. There is a struggle for all of us, but we, unlike them, have not lost our spirit of dadirri."

She concludes her message by observing "I believe that the spirit of dadirri that we have to offer to the world will help you Westerners to blossom and grow, not just within yourselves, but within your nation as well...

"There are deep springs within each of us and within them, there is a sound—the sound of the deep calling to the deep. The time for rebirth is now. If our culture and your culture are alive and well, as well as strong and respected, they will grow. In such a case, our culture will not die, nor will yours, and our spirits will not be lost. We will continue, together, as this was always meant to be."

Aboriginal Philosophy

This wonderful statement reminds me of a paper I read years ago in an anthology called Shamanism: Expanded Views of Reality edited by Shirley Nicholson (1987). The paper is titled 'The Dreamtime, Mysticism, and Liberation: Shamanism in Australia,' and it is authored by the Venerable E. Nandisvara Nayake Thero PhD, then the chief Sanghanayaka of the Theravada Order of Buddhist monks in India.

A former professor of comparative religion at Madras University, as well as director of the Maha Bodhi Society of Sri Lanka and secretary general of the World Sangha Council, Dr. Nandisvara had recently returned from a research expedition with an anthropological team in Australia, where he had lived for some time with a native Aboriginal community—in his words, an extremely ancient race whose way of life (hunting and gathering) had not substantially changed for perhaps 35,000 years.

In his report, Dr. Nandisvara makes an extraordinary statement.

"To those who judge the degree of (a) culture by the degree of (its) technological sophistication, the fact that the Australian natives live in the same fashion now as they did thousands of years ago may imply that they are uncivilized or uncultured.

"However, I would suggest that if (a) civilization be defined (by) the degree of polishing of an individual's mind and the building of his or her character, and if that culture (reflects) the measure of our self-discipline as well as our level of consciousness, then the Australian Aboriginals are actually one of the most civilized and highly cultured peoples in the world today."

From his conversations with their shamans and spiritual elders, Dr. Nandisvara concluded that their spiritual tradition is highly advanced and that their religious beliefs are parallel with those found in the various branches of the Perennial Philosophy.

The Aboriginal elders told Dr. Nandisvara that the spirit of a human being is always in contact with the higher spiritual realms of being, even if there may be no awareness of this contact in one's ordinary state of consciousness. They informed him that this gives to each one of us an extraordinary gift in that there can be direct communication between the human and the divine planes of being without the need for any ecclesiastical intermediary or priest.

In other words, in Aboriginal thought, there is quite simply no great impassable gulf between the human and the divine—a perception that is in direct opposition to most esoteric schools of theology, including Judeo-Christianity. This is why the Aboriginals had no need to develop any organized religion run by a bureaucratized and stratified priesthood. What they have instead is an authentic spiritual egalitarianism in which they, as individuals, can access the Dreamtime through trance, giving them direct and immediate access into the spiritual dimensions through the shamanic techniques of ecstasy.

This ability gives them an unshakable authority to make highly evolved philosophical observations. For example, like the religious thanatologies of other spiritual traditions, the Aboriginals describe the progression of human consciousness after death as "survival in infinity." They know from direct experience that the individual point of contact with the infinitude of cosmic consciousness continues to expand after death until it is co-extensive with it... until it literally 'becomes' it.

This is not a theory for the Aboriginals, nor is it a concept. It is a percept based upon their own direct experience, a revelation that is revealed also in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. The Hindus and Buddhists use the word Samadhi to describe this state. The Aboriginals call it the Dreamtime, yet it is clear from their descriptions of it that empirically and phenomenologically, these states are the same.

Earth and Sky Philosophies

Dr Nandisvara's essay also reports that there is a tradition of personal spiritual aspiration in Aboriginal society that is similar to that found in yoga. This is not surprising as the shamanic tradition is the ancestral precursor to all the yogic traditions.

The four stages of life in Hinduism are: brahmacharya-unmarried student; grihastha-married householder with children; vanaprastha-forest dweller; and sannyasa-wanderer. During the last years of their lives, many of the Aboriginal elders leave their communities and go off alone into the mountains to engage in spiritual practices, much as in the last two stages of the Hindu system which are characterized by solitary retirement to the forest, a striving for spiritual understanding, and preparation for death.

One of the techniques reported by Dr. Nandisvara practiced by such "renunciate Aboriginal elders" is gazing at the sky with wide-open eyes. This is not a type of astronomy or astrology. Rather it is a meditative method used to obtain spiritual inspiration and intuition directly from the cosmos.

In Buddhism, Yoga, Judeo-Christianity, and other relatively recent religious systems, 'sky philosophies' predominate in which the concepts of space and sky deities are of greatest religious import. In opposition to this are the earlier religious as well as indigenous traditions in which 'earth philosophies' were the norm, focused as they were upon the Earth as Mother as well as other earthly deities, power animals or fertility goddesses as the predominate objects of reverence.

Interestingly, in Aboriginal thought, both philosophies are present. The Earth is the basis for all spiritual studies during the first and intermediate stages of life. But with the approach of life's end, the basic Earth study is completed and there is a refocusing of the still embodied spirit of the individual toward the boundless reaches of the sky.

Thus, for the Australian Aboriginals, the highest spirituality is associated not with the Earth, but with the shamanic Upper Worlds and with the infinity of space—with Cosmic Consciousness itself. This again is in complete alignment with the great teachings of the Perennial Philosophy.

At this stage, both the body and the mind have become absolutely still. This is not the same state associated with the chakras as described in kundalini yoga and the other esoteric schools, for it is beyond such experiences. It is in fact a withdrawal of energy from the charkas so that they no longer have any effect on the mind whatsoever.

This is the state of dadirri... the deep listening.

Dr. Nandisvara describes this state as the borderland between the mind that is connected to this world, and the mind that is not connected to this world—the mind that is absolutely free. It is the interface been the explicate and implicate orders of reality of the physicist David Bohm... the intimate one on one connection with the 'higher self' of the mystic.

This is the state that the Aboriginal elders seek as they leave their homes and go off to live in the mountains to practice gazing at the sky. This is the shaman's invitation to the spiritual cosmic force to approach and embrace the focus of our mind. It is and was and will forever be, union with the infinite—authentic non-dual mysticism.

Reconsidering Indigenous Wisdom

It is time, I think, to acknowledge that the indigenous tribal peoples were not and are not at some child-like form of awareness. Rather, the time has come for us allegedly 'civilized' Westerners to seriously reconsider their worldviews and their spiritual practices. For their ways of being in the world have kept them and their societies alive and well for 40,000 years and more... while we who consider ourselves so highly evolved have only been here for a few hundred... and things are not going particularly well these days.

Dr. Nandisvara also discusses something else of interest...

Along their way to achieving the higher states of consciousness, the shamans in Aboriginal societies are able to develop various sorts of psychic abilities. They possess, for example, the capacity to travel out of the body across the sky in an altered state of consciousness and visit any place they wish.

It is also known among the Aboriginals that their shamans can journey to the moon, or to any other planet at any time they choose. This is why they were not particularly impressed when the Apollo missions flew to the moon and back. In fact, they failed to understand why we had needed machines to go there as they are both bulky as well as slow.

Dr. Nandisvara concludes his essay by observing (with considerable reverence) that those Aboriginals still involved in their traditional lifeways are so peaceful and quiet, as well as so harmoniously in tune with Nature and the spiritual dimension. By contrast, the rest of the world around them, including most of the so-called 'civilized' societies, are in crisis, dominated by murder and mayhem, political mendacity and corporate greed, with people killing each other in the name of whatever god they espouse, exploiting the environment and their fellow living beings of this beautiful world, only some of whom happen to be human.

We could observe in passing that there is little doubt that we are the Romans of our time. Is it therefore surprising that Dr. Nandisvara, who some have called the 'Pope' of India, has chosen to describe the native Australians as one of the most civilized and cultured peoples on the planet today?
study

Mick Jonestown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:10 pm

I use the term "civilized" only ever as a pejorative epithet.

rolling pin
Ciggy
Ciggy

Back to top Go down

Post  true lilly Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh well, then you'll just have to chop everyone into all the exact proportions of all their different blood relatives and bury each piece in the all the different lands that all their ancectors were born in...oh but wait, since THE ORIGINAL, ONE LAND MASS, with a Great River and Four Riverheads, FIRST STARTED TO DIVIDE, Many of those ORIGINAL Lands that Man WAS ORIGINALY BORN IN, NO LONGER EXIST ... Yep, don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see when FOOLS BAIT FOOLS with ENVY driven 'race' HATE, and DEMAND ALL FORGET that it is SPIRIT, NOT 'Blood' that DIVIDES and CUTS OFF, The BEASTLY Members, from THE ETERNAL FAMILY.
true lilly
true lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down