Sodlike Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!!

Go down

Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!! Empty Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!!

Post  Everybody, Loves Sod..!!! Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Ed Milliband Is The New Labour Leader...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315466/Last-rites-New-Labour-Ed-Miliband-tilts-party-sharply-left-backing-higher-taxes-refusing-condemn-unions.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!! Millibandcup

Surprise Me Because I Thought It Would Be David Milliband....

Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!! Milibandbanana

Divorcing politics from family life was an early necessity in the Milibands’ argumentative household.
Their father, a Polish Jew who had fled the German invasion of Belgium in 1940, encouraged the boys to enter debate with such dinner guests as Tony Benn, Tariq Ali and Ken Livingstone.
Their mother, Marion Kozak, was also a left-wing intellectual.

David began leafleting for Labour at the age of nine and by their teens the boys were fully fledged campaigners. After his O-levels in 1986, Ed spent his summer holiday working for Benn.
“Very helpful,” the left-wing veteran noted in his diaries.
David later researched for Livingstone, who gave him a Sony Walkman.

In 1994, two months after his father’s death and within days of Blair being elected Labour leader, David was asked to become Blair’s head of policy.
He went on to help to write the script for new Labour.

Ed followed him to Corpus Christi College and was caught up in student activism.
“Politics motivated me more than academia,” he recalled.
Other sibling differences were apparent:
Ed was more angular, with a long bony face, and more cautious with his opinions.
As a journalist he met Harriet Harman, then a shadow minister, who hired him as a speechwriter and researcher. Noticing his number-crunch-ing skills, Brown “burgled him off Harriet”, said Charlie Whelan, Brown’s spin doctor.

In 2001 David was rewarded with the safe seat of South Shields which, he said, “opened my eyes, changed the way I think”.
In a year he was catapulted to the post of schools minister.
In 2004 he was promoted to Cabinet Office minister, replacing Ruth Kelly, with whom he had had a youthful fling.
Last year he became the youngest foreign secretary since David Owen in 1977 – Brown’s reward for not standing against him.

According to one theory, David’s recent action has made things easier for Ed. Last year David ducked out of standing against Brown and he will not be given another chance if he stays his hand a second time, leaving the field open to Ed at a later date.

Alternatively, a leadership challenge by David soon might avert a fratricidal struggle for the top job in the future.

The attention paid to the siblings bemuses some older hands.
Linda McDougall, the journalist and author who is married to Austin Mitchell, the Labour MP, said recently:
“The trouble is, I can’t take either of the Miliband brothers seriously enough.
I used to change both their nappies.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315466/Last-rites-New-Labour-Ed-Miliband-tilts-party-sharply-left-backing-higher-taxes-refusing-condemn-unions.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I Find It Quite Funny All The Political Commentators Keep Referring.
To The Situation As A Cain And Able Type Struggle...

Millibands...A New Political Dynasty...!!! Kaneandabel2

Maybe It's An "In Joke"...

Refering Back To Geoffrey Archer And His Trysts With Prostitutes,

And Brown Envelopes Stashed With Wads Of Cash...

Or Maybe The Milliband Dynasty Will Go The Way Of The Kennedys...

Grassy Knoll And All That...!!!

cthulhu cthulhu cthulhu
Everybody, Loves Sod..!!!
Everybody, Loves Sod..!!!

Back to top Go down