Sodlike Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!!

+8
angeress
Intruder
Hagbard Celine
John Drake
Goldy
Lady Tis-Shine
Del Monte
Damn'sod..!!!
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! Empty The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!!

Post  Damn'sod..!!! Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 pm

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! 97890d5d1c

thumbs up
Damn'sod..!!!
Damn'sod..!!!
Admin

https://sodlikeproductions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! Empty Re: The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!!

Post  Del Monte Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:22 pm

I know, it's great that stuff isn't it. I saw a video on youtube a while ago talking about the same kind of thing. Our planet is just tiny compared to some of those stars out there!! We live on a little spec of dust compared to one of those big things.

IT'S VERY SCARY looking at the size of them. I think really it would be scary if you could go out into space and actually look at these giant things but of course we can't do that anyway, certainly not at the moment and besides we're too insignificant compared to the universe.

I bet you wouldn't be able to get very close to one of those big things! lol!
Del Monte
Del Monte

Back to top Go down

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! Empty Re: The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!!

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:34 pm

I believe Venus is roughly the same size of Planet Earth, but taking about the various other solar systems out there I feel JD would be the one who is best suited to tell us. He Droike, what happened to the SETI machine?? cthulhu
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldy Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:13 am

These pics are amazing!

Bet Dricky will be telling us soon that this is just not true and that the earth is the biggest planet in the universe!

popcorn

Goldy

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:54 am

Tiswas wrote:I believe Venus is roughly the same size of Planet Earth, but taking about the various other solar systems out there I feel JD would be the one who is best suited to tell us. He Droike, what happened to the SETI machine?? cthulhu

I gave up on star maps and size of this and that years ago. As a kid i found it interesting but not now. I still go outside often with my scopes and take a look but im a lazy git and use a MEAD motorised scope controlled by my lap top.

The SETI machine? i dont know what you mean sorry. I have my PCs set so SETI can use it when i am not. You allow SETI to use some of your CPU power, bandwidth and hard drive space to analyse data. When the data is analyzed its sent off and another batch is downloaded.

I noticed you mentioned this SETI machine being in space. Did i miss or forget something?

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:56 am

Goldy wrote:These pics are amazing!

Bet Dricky will be telling us soon that this is just not true and that the earth is the biggest planet in the universe!

popcorn

Tell you what you should have aimed that at Handbag. I agree with everything there but Handbag will argue the Earth is shaped like a donut.

And people wonder why i think hes a head case.

Last edited by Droike on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:07 am

I will discuss the SETI machine in your forum JD.
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:09 am

Come on Handbag show Goldy you are the person who would disagree. Tell us how the world is shaped like a donut.

For some reason Goldy thought i would argue with the graphic in Sods post, but i wouldn't. She wrote a mocking post saying i would. Now tell her its you she should have been mocking lol.

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:18 am

Tiswas wrote:I will discuss the SETI machine in your forum JD.

I think you have it all round you neck again Tiswas.

I notice on your forum you have a title as Carl Nagal and his SETI Machine and the posts about Carl Sagan. Whats even more funny is in another post about Carl Nagal you told people not to get the two mixed up.

So what is this SETI machine that's in space you posted about on your forum?

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Well it's interesting because I have heard of this SETI thing before. My friend, one that I was at school with who I haven't seen for nearly a year now has in the past had SETI set up. From what I understand SETI or Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence is something you can get on your PC and use the software to help to search the skies for any kind of strange activities going on. I don't know much about it as I have never actually seen it in operation but it does sound interesting never the less...

I'm sure that using the software for a while you could understand exactly what it does. It's just that I have never seen it running so I cannot really say much on the subject.
Del Monte
Del Monte

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm

Carl Nagal and Carl Sagan have similar names and similar names, very easy to get those two mixed up. Hey JD, do you know anything about this Sagan man?
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm

RE-arranged the name, so what Droike. cthulhu

Last edited by Tiswas on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 am

Del Monte wrote:Well it's interesting because I have heard of this SETI thing before. My friend, one that I was at school with who I haven't seen for nearly a year now has in the past had SETI set up. From what I understand SETI or Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence is something you can get on your PC and use the software to help to search the skies for any kind of strange activities going on. I don't know much about it as I have never actually seen it in operation but it does sound interesting never the less...

I'm sure that using the software for a while you could understand exactly what it does. It's just that I have never seen it running so I cannot really say much on the subject.

Yeah i know all about SETI@home and have been doing it for years.

Its hard to keep up with Tiswas and what shes actually on about because she posts bits and bobs on different forums and as a rule doesn't know what shes posting about apart from a couple of lines she read on some web page.

She posted on her forum about some SETI machine lost in space. She posted on my forum about some SETI machine trying to contact aliens. I think she has it all round her tits as usual and is actually talking about what you described and i do.

Like i said i think shes just talking out of her arse again but i wondered if i had missed something SETI were trying.

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:34 am

I'm glad that you know about SETI droike. I bet you've used it for a while. The only person I've known who has had it installed is like I said my old school mate. I haven't a clue how he managed to get into all that but he did quite a few years ago, he probably knows a lot too. My old mate is very technologically minded and it's the reason I have got into stuff like computers myself. Like him I have worked in computer jobs in the past, he does actually still work in that. I have learned all sorts about that myself, I have also done a lot too but never even looked into SETI.

I do like computers, it's something I do very often. I am good at repairing PCs and fixing problems that might occur. I've done all sorts, also do a lot of this computer music stuff too and recording etc.. It's great stuff to learn about, I have read this and that on the subject. I've never been one of these computer programmer people though, it's not my subject but I bet I could get into it easy. I can understand about html a little and use DOS and stuff like that but certainly I don't understand things like C++ but I have met people who know lots about that language and how to apply it.
Del Monte
Del Monte

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:28 am

SETI is something that interests me because it would be intresting to know that we are not alone, but I thought it was a machine that travel throughout God knows where.
Stop mocking Hagbard, I know he belives in Hollow Earth theory OK. cthulhu
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:32 am

Whatr a very interesting photo Damn'Sod!, there must be intelligent life out there, and no JD this is not what the 'Woos' think but NASA operatives like Carl Sagan think.
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:10 am

Del Monte wrote:I'm glad that you know about SETI droike. I bet you've used it for a while. The only person I've known who has had it installed is like I said my old school mate. I haven't a clue how he managed to get into all that but he did quite a few years ago, he probably knows a lot too. My old mate is very technologically minded and it's the reason I have got into stuff like computers myself. Like him I have worked in computer jobs in the past, he does actually still work in that. I have learned all sorts about that myself, I have also done a lot too but never even looked into SETI.

I do like computers, it's something I do very often. I am good at repairing PCs and fixing problems that might occur. I've done all sorts, also do a lot of this computer music stuff too and recording etc.. It's great stuff to learn about, I have read this and that on the subject. I've never been one of these computer programmer people though, it's not my subject but I bet I could get into it easy. I can understand about html a little and use DOS and stuff like that but certainly I don't understand things like C++ but I have met people who know lots about that language and how to apply it.

Its easy, just got to SETI@HOME and d/l the software and install it. All it does is sends you blocks of data which you computer processes and sends back. What they are looking for is a clear signal from space. They use thousands or millions of PCs all over the world to help with the massive task of analysing all this data.

They did discover a signal once its called the WOW signal take a look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! 300px-Wow_signal

It only came once and for only 72 seconds then nothing. It could have been many thigs but its interesting all the same.

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 am

Tiswas wrote:Whatr a very interesting photo Damn'Sod!, there must be intelligent life out there, and no JD this is not what the 'Woos' think but NASA operatives like Carl Sagan think.

Lol Tiswas has fallen for another scam. The scam that woo woo's tell other woo woo's that people like NASA ect are hiding alien life and brand anyone who believes in it a woo woo. This is not the case, i have the SETI software running on all my PCs and NASA for example spend a lot of time and money looking for life out there. The reason woo's tell other woo's they will call you nuts is to sell books and videos etc. The woo loves to think they are different and going against the government.

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:02 am

Droike wrote:
Del Monte wrote:I'm glad that you know about SETI droike. I bet you've used it for a while. The only person I've known who has had it installed is like I said my old school mate. I haven't a clue how he managed to get into all that but he did quite a few years ago, he probably knows a lot too. My old mate is very technologically minded and it's the reason I have got into stuff like computers myself. Like him I have worked in computer jobs in the past, he does actually still work in that. I have learned all sorts about that myself, I have also done a lot too but never even looked into SETI.

Its easy, just got to SETI@HOME and d/l the software and install it. All it does is sends you blocks of data which you computer processes and sends back. What they are looking for is a clear signal from space. They use thousands or millions of PCs all over the world to help with the massive task of analysing all this data.

They did discover a signal once its called the WOW signal take a look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

The Size Of The Earth... A Comparison...!!! 300px-Wow_signal

It only came once and for only 72 seconds then nothing. It could have been many thigs but its interesting all the same.

Yeah, very interesting. I wonder exactly what they did pick up that day. They said they don't think it was a reflection of a signal bounced from some floating debris in space and also that the frequency of the signal was much higher than allowed to be used on transmitters on the earth. I wonder just exactly what??? Maybe it was some kind of ship travelling through space, it could well have been. Maybe that ship didn't know we were here, perhaps if there was such a thing then maybe they might have picked up a signal from us at the same time or whilst we could hear their signal.

It's all very interesting, it's a shame we can't find out such answers, maybe one day something might be discovered and it will change the course of history on our planet. I wish myself I had the answers to such questions about what's actually out there deep in space beyond anywhere that humans have gone. Maybe it might be thousands of years yet from now before something of concrete evidence is actually discovered about alien activity out there somewhere.
Del Monte
Del Monte

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:15 am

Well if theres anyone close they sure know we are here which could be a bit of a unsettling thought. Putting plaques on spacecraft saying where we are is a stupid thing to do. Its like advertising your party on face book if you get what i mean.

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:29 am

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, like that Facebook thing I've heard stories about people who advertise parties on it and all kinds of people turn up including a lot of weirdos and stuff. They could be criminals or rapists even turning up at your house or party, sounds like a very stupid idea really. I can't say I'm into Facebook much myself Droike, I think it's a bit crap really. I have one but I hardly ever log into it, the last time I did I put a comment on it saying "Facebook is a load of shite! lol" simply because at the time it was very slow the site and seemed to be having lots of lag on their servers where they host it from. It seems very poor if you ask me sometimes, probably if it's overloaded with users, it might take you a couple of minutes to view a couple of pictures on there.

So yeah we just don't know what is out there whether it's friendly or not, could be things wanting to come down and destroy everything living on this planet. I did see several weeks back that film Knowing with Nicolas Cage starring, did really enjoy that movie, I liked the story and the ending was pretty good also, I thought was a good one that. I think if some kind of aliens did make contact with us and maybe this might happen again (unless it has already and the governments keep it quiet as to not scare people) then maybe we should be prepared to expect anything. We just can't be sure what is out there, I guess only if they could build a space ship like the one in star trek then maybe humans could go far out into space adventuring to places they've never visited before. Then again there might hardly be anything out there anyway, maybe just planets that are too hazardous to visit because of the atmospheres and the dangers that people would face getting too near, just a thought.
Del Monte
Del Monte

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Tis-Shine Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:48 am

I bet certain factions in the Internet are on facebook, but thanks for that SETI link. I would love it if life was found on a different planet.
Lady Tis-Shine
Lady Tis-Shine

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:43 am

Del Monte wrote:Yeah I know exactly what you mean, like that Facebook thing I've heard stories about people who advertise parties on it and all kinds of people turn up including a lot of weirdos and stuff. They could be criminals or rapists even turning up at your house or party, sounds like a very stupid idea really. I can't say I'm into Facebook much myself Droike, I think it's a bit crap really. I have one but I hardly ever log into it, the last time I did I put a comment on it saying "Facebook is a load of shite! lol" simply because at the time it was very slow the site and seemed to be having lots of lag on their servers where they host it from. It seems very poor if you ask me sometimes, probably if it's overloaded with users, it might take you a couple of minutes to view a couple of pictures on there.

So yeah we just don't know what is out there whether it's friendly or not, could be things wanting to come down and destroy everything living on this planet. I did see several weeks back that film Knowing with Nicolas Cage starring, did really enjoy that movie, I liked the story and the ending was pretty good also, I thought was a good one that. I think if some kind of aliens did make contact with us and maybe this might happen again (unless it has already and the governments keep it quiet as to not scare people) then maybe we should be prepared to expect anything. We just can't be sure what is out there, I guess only if they could build a space ship like the one in star trek then maybe humans could go far out into space adventuring to places they've never visited before. Then again there might hardly be anything out there anyway, maybe just planets that are too hazardous to visit because of the atmospheres and the dangers that people would face getting too near, just a thought.

Stephen Hawking has gone on record saying sending out probes with our postal code on is fucking stupid. Ok he didnt use those exact words but you know what i mean. TV and radio signals from Earth have been booming out for years now and if anyone is listening within the distance travelled they know where we are.

I have this pet theory that if UFOs are real and we are being visited they keep a low profile like tourists on a safari. It could be the case they dont want us to know where they are. Imagine them watching our TV with wars, murders, terrorists etc. You can see why they wouldn't want us round their yard.

Its unfortunate that the woo woo money makers have convinced people like Handbag that main stream science rules out life on other planets. This is obviously not the case as main stream science spends a fortune looking for it. However the woo likes to feel special, like hes saying something that goes across the grain so they do it to sell books and videos etc. Notice the comments by Tiswas saying this is not woo woo its NASA. That's because she has been caught up in the swindle.

John Drake

Back to top Go down

Post  Hagbard Celine Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 am

Droike wrote:
Goldy wrote:These pics are amazing!

popcorn

Tell you what you should have aimed that at Handbag. I agree with everything there but Handbag will argue the Earth is shaped like a donut.

And people wonder why i think hes a head case.

It is not shaped like a doughnut. It is possible a spheroid torus. noway Wink But I'm not sure.

I'm fairly sure that it is expanding though.
Hagbard Celine
Hagbard Celine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hagbard Celine Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:55 am

Droike wrote:Come on Handbag show Goldy you are the person who would disagree. Tell us how the world is shaped like a donut.

For some reason Goldy thought i would argue with the graphic in Sods post, but i wouldn't. She wrote a mocking post saying i would. Now tell her its you she should have been mocking lol.

No, I've no reason to think that the diagram Damned Sod posted is not accurate. Cool
Hagbard Celine
Hagbard Celine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next