Sodlike Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding Earth

Go down

Expanding Earth Empty Expanding Earth

Post  rodin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

On response to this video debunking the expanding Earth theory...

I wrote the following response

I looked at geological/mineral world distributions and they appear to match as per expanding Earth theory. However there is subduction going on at present as the mid Pacific ridge disappears under the North American continent.

As to what drove the expansion in the first place, I was intrigued to find hydrogen is immensely soluble in iron at high temperature and pressure. If hydrogen electrons are delocalised within the iron core then what is left are protons. Protons are pure nuclear material and very dense of course. It is also possible that under core conditions the nuclear reaction whereby a neutron decays into proton + electron becomes reversible. In short I think that the Earth's core could have accommodated a large amount of hydrogen in the form of semi-collapsed matter.
As earth cooled via black body radiation the solubility would drop, thereby releasing hydrogen into the mantle. This to me is the most plausible explanation for expansion, a nonlinear one-iff process taking perhaps a billion years.

I also looked at tidal rhythmites and it appears the Earth days were nearly double about 300 million years ago unless i am mis-reading the evidence. This suggests to me the Earth expanded beyond its present size before shrinking back. to its present possibly equilibrium size. if so, then perhaps we have an explanation for giantism, (dinosaurs, giant ferns etc) since gravity and weather patterns would be very different on a larger slower-moving Earth.

I have found Neil Adams to be very dogmatic about his idea of matter creation. I look for a more prosaic reason, one that does not require new physics. Note that hydrogen release would also produce the hydrides required for life on Earth. (H2O, hydrocarbons, ammonia etc) and would support the abiogenic oil theory, which also seems to me to fit better what we see.
rodin
rodin

Back to top Go down